Snap to win
23 January 2014
The deadline to enter our Droitwich Through a Lens photo competition and the opportunity to see your work published for all to see is fast approaching.
The best entrants will win a cash prize of £350, while the two runners up will receive a £100 cheque each and have their work unveiled at Horton Mill Court’s grand opening. Whether you’re a keen amateur, or just enjoy photography in your spare time – we really want to see what you can do.
Our competition is open for those over 60 and it’s a chance for those interested in photography to explore the town outside their front doors and capture on film the very best that Droitwich has to offer. The finalists will be invited to attend a special ceremony when our new development opens, with the winning photograph being unveiled in March.
How to enter
Those wishing to take part should email their favourite photos, along with their contact details to Droitwichthroughalens@htpr.com, or post to Droitwich Through a Lens, C/O Haslimann Taylor, 2nd Floor, Lancaster House, 67 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 1NQ. Entries should be submitted no later than midnight on Friday 31st January 2014. All entrants should be aged 60 or over, or be turning 60 prior to the final deadline.
Those interested to find out more about Assisted Living in Droitwich Spa are welcome to join us for our launch event on 11th February.
The development offers the independence of retaining home ownership while living in an apartment specifically designed for the over 70s. In addition, it offers a helping hand through flexible care and support packages, including domestic assistance, that make life that little bit easier.
Facilities at Horton Mill Court will include a shared lounge, an on-site restaurant, guest suite, laundry room and a lift. A dedicated estate manager will ensure the smooth running of the development and staff will be on site 24 hours a day. There will also be a security entrance system plus 24-hour emergency call points to provide peace of mind for both homeowners’ and their families. All properties will be low maintenance and energy efficient. Apartments are expected to be released for sale for purchase off plan in the New Year.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Entrants must be aged 60 or over. The competition is not open to McCarthy & Stone, their immediate families or anyone directly connected with the prize draw.
- Entry is made by sending your original photograph via email or printed copies through the post depicting ‘Droitwich’ to capture the delights of winter.
- The closing date for the competition is Friday 31st January 2014. Only one entry per household is permitted.
- There is one prize of a cheque for £350, and two prizes of a cheque for £100 each. The prizes are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and there is no cash alternative.
- McCarthy & Stone in its sole discretion will decide on the winning entries. The criteria will include (but not limited to) the originality of the photographic compositions. The judge’s decision is final. We will notify the winner by telephone by 28th February 2014.
- McCarthy & Stone reserve the right to use entries in promotional and media activities.
- The winner agrees to take part in non-paid publicity relating to the competition.
Promoter: McCarthy & Stone Retirement Lifestyles Ltd, Homelife House, 26-32 Oxford Road, Bournemouth BH8 8EZ. Telephone 01202 292480.