Currently under construction on Grays Road, the new development is expected to welcome its first homeowners in spring 2020. It will comprise of 34 one bed and 22 two bed apartments, designed exclusively for the over 70s.
Following McCarthy Stone’s appeal for a charity, neighbourhood project or one-off community event to support, local groups and good causes are urged to get in touch by emailing requests to [email protected] by midnight on Friday 10th May. Applicants are encouraged to include ‘Sunderland Community Appeal’ in the subject header and to detail the reasons why they would benefit from a donation of up to £500.
Liz Green, Regional Sales and Marketing Director for McCarthy Stone North East, comments: “Our fundamental aim when creating a development is to support and integrate McCarthy Stone and our future homeowners into the local community. Our developments are created with community in mind, and supporting charities or neighbourhood projects allows us to create a positive legacy.
“We look forward to reviewing the applications from groups in Sunderland, and to further cement our ties with the area, by supporting worthwhile causes which are making a real difference to local lives.”
Retirement Living Plus from McCarthy Stone provides independent living, where homeowners can enjoy the new-found freedom of owning a low maintenance property, but with added domestic and support services available should a little extra help be needed.
Herriot Gardens will feature ample communal space including a large open homeowners’ lounge, perfect for socialising with new neighbours, and a handy guest suite for when family and friends come to stay. Homeowners will have access to stunning landscaped gardens and on-site parking.
A dedicated Estates Manager will oversee the running of the development, and facilities will also include an on-site bistro, serving hot meals, as well as various light snacks and refreshments.Built with security in mind, there will be video camera entry, and all apartments will be equipped with 24-hour emergency call system.
Located in the bustling city of Sunderland, McCarthy Stone homeowners will be able to benefit from the extensive range of shops, restaurants and essential amenities within close proximity, as well as the Bridges Shopping Centre. For those who wish to escape the city, Mowbray Park – one of the oldest parks in the North East of England – is a short distance from the development and is perfect for long strolls and enjoying the great outdoors.
More than nine out of ten customers would recommend McCarthy Stone to a friend, ensuring it has received the full Five Star award for customer satisfaction from the Home Builders Federation for 14 years’ running. McCarthy Stone is the only UK housebuilder of any size or type to achieve this accolade for 14 consecutive years, which is every year the awards have been run.
To find out more about Retirement Living at McCarthy Stone’s Sunderland development, Herriot Gardens, call 0800 201 4811 or visit www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk/herriot-gardens
Call for charities – T&Cs
Terms and Conditions apply
1. The call for charities application process is open to all UK organisations, except employees of McCarthy Stone, their immediate family or anyone directly connected with this call for charities.
2. McCarthy Stone in its sole discretion will decide on the chosen charity/organisation. The criteria will include (but is not limited to) the originality and suitability of the charity in relation to the local community. The judge’s decision is final.
3. All charities submitted must be the suggestion of the individual submitting them.
4. Entries are to be emailed to [email protected] by the closing date.
5. Entries can be submitted from 00:01 on Friday 12th April. The closing date is 23:59 on Friday 10th May. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate entries.
6. The entries will be judged by Friday 24th May.
7. Entrants may only apply with one charity.
8. The Promoter will notify the chosen charity by email and telephone by Friday 31st May. The Promoter’s announcement of the charity is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If the charity cannot be contacted within one week the promoter reserves the right to choose an alternative charity.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to not respond to all unsuccessful entrants.
10. All organisations agree to take part in non-paid publicity following their charity being chosen (including photography if required).
11. The entrant’s personal data shall only be used for the proper administration of the competition unless the entrant has expressly opted in to receiving future marketing communications from McCarthy Stone via the entry form.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to control, amend, and terminate this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to entrants or third parties.
13. By taking part in this call for charities, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: McCarthy & Stone Retirement Lifestyles Ltd, Aspen House, Wykeham Road, Northminster Business Park, York, YO26 6QW. Reference to “McCarthy Stone” in the Terms and Conditions includes any and all companies within the McCarthy Stone Group of Companies.