McCarthy & Stone invites locals to see Droitwich through a lens
10 December 2013
With its delightful scenic location, retirement developer McCarthy & Stone knows only too well what a wonderful place Droitwich can be, especially for those hoping to make the most of their retirement in later life.
It is for that very reason they are inviting over 60s in the area to enter their Through a Lens competition, where budding photographers are invited to capture the delights of winter in Droitwich.
With the opportunity to win a cash prize and see your work displayed on the walls of Horton Mill Court, the competition provides those over 60 with the opportunity to explore the town outside their front doors and capture on film the very best that Droitwich has to offer. The finalists will be invited to attend a special ceremony when the development opens, and the winning photograph will be unveiled in March. The winner will receive a £350 cheque, while the two runners up will receive a £100 cheque each.
Gill Sabin, Regional Sales and Marketing Director for McCarthy & Stone, comments: “Winter can create some fantastic outdoor scenes, so we want to celebrate it in all its wonder by asking budding photographers to get outside and enjoy their local town.
“Many of the town’s older residents will have seen how Droitwich has changed over their lifetimes and will instinctively be aware of the hidden spots where the town is at its most picturesque. This is their opportunity to put their skills into practise and we really can’t wait to see the results!
“There are no rules as to what can be photographed, we just want to see Droitwich through the eyes of the people who know it best. Hopefully, the images taken will then serve as an inspiration to others to take a closer look at what a great town this is to live.”
Those wishing to take part should email their favourite photos, along with their contact details to Droitwichthroughalens@htpr.com, or post to Droitwich Through a Lens, C/O Haslimann Taylor, 2nd Floor, Lancaster House, 67 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 1NQ. Entries should be submitted no later than midnight on Friday 31st January 2014. All entrants should be aged 60 or over, or be turning 60 prior to the final deadline.
McCarthy & Stone is currently building a range of one and two bedroom Assisted Living apartments at Horton Mill Court in Droitwich Spa, and interested parties are invited to register their interest now. The development offers the independence of retaining home ownership while living in an apartment specifically designed for the over 70s. In addition, it offers a helping hand through flexible care and support packages, including domestic assistance, that make life that little bit easier.
Facilities at Horton Mill Court will include a shared lounge, an on-site restaurant, guest suite, laundry room and a lift. A dedicated estate manager will ensure the smooth running of the development and staff will be on site 24 hours a day. There will also be a security entrance system plus 24-hour emergency call points to provide peace of mind for both homeowners’ and their families. All properties will be low maintenance and energy efficient.
In addition to offering age exclusive apartments, the retirement developer also provides a range of financial services, including a pension annuity service, equity release, legal services and guaranteed funeral plans.
Apartments are expected to be released for sale for purchase off plan in the New Year. Anyone wanting to find out more is invited to contact McCarthy & Stone now on 0800 201 4741 to register their interest.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must be aged 60 or over. The competition is not open to McCarthy & Stone, their immediate families or anyone directly connected with the prize draw.
- Entry is made by sending your original photograph via email or printed copies through the post depicting ‘Droitwich’ to capture the delights of winter. The closing date for the competition is Friday 31st January 2014. Only one entry per household is permitted.
- There is one prize of a cheque for £350, and two prizes of a cheque for £100 each. The prizes are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and there is no cash alternative.
- McCarthy & Stone in its sole discretion will decide on the winning entries. The criteria will include (but not limited to) the originality of the photographic compositions. The judge’s decision is final. We will notify the winner by telephone by 28th February 2014.
- McCarthy & Stone reserve the right to use entries in promotional and media activities.
- The winner agrees to take part in non-paid publicity relating to the competition.
Promoter: McCarthy & Stone Retirement Lifestyles Ltd, Homelife House, 26-32 Oxford Road, Bournemouth BH8 8EZ. Telephone 01202 292480.
For further press information:
Gemma Hitchcock / Lucy McDade
Haslimann Taylor PR
0121 265 7070
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org