13th January 2020
The UK’s leading developer and manager of retirement communities, McCarthy Stone, has announced construction is now underway at its forthcoming Retirement Living Plus development on South Street in Taunton, which will eventually feature a collection of one and two bedroom apartments for people aged 70 and over.
McCarthy Stone is now appealing to local people in Taunton to enter its ‘What’s in a Name’ competition, and to suggest a name for the new development. The winning entrant will be granted the opportunity to attend the official opening as well as receive a cheque for £200.
Geoff Bates, Head of Marketing for McCarthy Stone South, said: "We are inviting people from the local area to name our latest Retirement Living Plus development in Taunton. We are looking for a name which will be relevant to the local community; and it can be anything from suggestions honouring local landmarks or scenery, to names incorporating elements of the town’s rich history. Simply submit your ideas by Monday 10th February to be considered for the prize, and to put your stamp on a little bit of future history in the town.”
To be in with a chance of naming McCarthy Stone's new development and to win £200, all you have to do is email [email protected] with your suggested development name and the reason behind it. Please include ‘Taunton’ in the subject header, in addition to your name and contact details in the email. The competition is open to people of all ages from the local and surrounding areas and the deadline for entries is Monday 10th February.
McCarthy Stone’s Retirement Living Plus development in Taunton will provide everything the over 70s could want for an enjoyable and independent retirement. Bridging the gap between conventional retirement living and residential care, an Estates Manager and experienced team will be on hand day and night to oversee the running of the development once launched, and will also provide tailored support packages to suit individual needs.
The development will feature a large communal lounge - perfect for getting to know new neighbours - as well as an on-site bistro, which will serve fresh and nutritious meal options for residents every day.
Apartments will be available to buy off-plan from February 2021, and prospective purchasers are urged to register their interest now to receive updates. Customers will also be able to choose from a range of flexible Retirement Living Plus solutions to suit them and their personal circumstances, whether they prefer to rent or to take advantage of the part buy, part rent option.
More than nine out of ten customers would recommend McCarthy Stone to a friend, ensuring it has received the full Five Star award for customer satisfaction from the Home Builders Federation for 14 years’ running. McCarthy Stone is the only UK housebuilder of any size or type to achieve this accolade, which is every year the awards have been run.
For more information about Retirement Living Plus in Taunton, please call 0800 201 4811 or visit mccarthyandstone.co.uk
Terms and Conditions apply
- The competition is open to all UK residents, except employees of McCarthy Stone, their immediate family or anyone directly connected with this competition.
- McCarthy Stone in its sole discretion will decide on the winning entries. The criteria will include (but not limited to) the originality and suitability of the naming suggestion in relation to the local community. The judge’s decision is final. We will notify the winners by email and telephone by Tuesday 31st March 2020.
- The names are subject to approval from Somerset West and Taunton Council, and so may be changed after the promotion has ended.
- All names submitted must be the suggestion of the individual submitting them. The entrant grants the Promoter permission to use the name in an official capacity for its Taunton development, and for use on all marketing materials including, but not exclusive to local media, press adverts, billboards, posters, leaflets and the website.
- The closing date is 00:01 on Monday 10th February 2020. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate entries.
- The entries will be judged by Friday 28th February 2020.
- Entrants may only enter the competition once.
- We will notify the winner by email and/or telephone. The Promoter’s announcement of the winning entrant is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If the winner cannot be contacted within one week the promoter reserves the right to choose an alternative winner.
- Entries are to be emailed to [email protected] by the closing date.
- There are one prize of a cheque of £200. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- All winners agree to take part in non-paid publicity following their naming suggestion being chosen (including photography if required), relating to the competition.
- The entrant’s personal data shall only be used for the proper administration of the competition unless the entrant has expressly opted in to receiving future marketing communications from McCarthy Stone via the entry form.
- The Promoter reserves the right to control, amend, and terminate this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to entrants or third parties.
- By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: McCarthy and Stone Retirement Lifestyles Limited, Southern House, 1 Embankment Way, Ringwood, BH24 1EU. Reference to “McCarthy Stone” in the Terms and Conditions includes any and all companies within the McCarthy Stone Group of Companies.