The UK’s leading developer and manager of retirement communities, McCarthy Stone, has announced construction is set to commence at its forthcoming Retirement Living development on London Road in Dorchester, which will eventually feature a collection of one and two bedroom privately-owned apartments for people aged 60 and over.
Ahead of the build programme getting under way, McCarthy Stone is appealing to local people to enter its ‘What’s in a Name’ competition, and to suggest a name for the new development. The winning entrant will be granted the opportunity to attend the official opening as well as receiving a cheque for £200.
Ciara Hilley, Divisional Marketing Manager for McCarthy Stone Southern, said: "We are inviting people from the local area to name our latest Retirement Living development in Dorchester. We are looking for a name which will be relevant to the local community; and it can be anything from suggestions honouring local landmarks or scenery, to names incorporating elements of the town’s rich history. Simply submit your ideas by Monday 24th June to be considered for the prize, and to put your stamp on a little bit of future history in the town.”
To be in with a chance of naming McCarthy Stone's new development and to win £200, all you have to do is email [email protected] with your suggested development name and the reason behind it. Please include ‘Dorchester’ in the subject header, and also include your name and contact details in the email. The competition is open to people of all ages from the local and surrounding areas and the deadline for entries is Monday 24th June.
McCarthy Stone’s Dorchester development will provide everything the over 60s could want for an enjoyable and independent retirement.
The shared lounge will be perfect for socialising with new neighbours, and homeowners will be able to make the most of the landscaped gardens knowing all the maintenance is taken care of. They will also be able to feel secure in the knowledge that the House Manager will be on hand to provide any help or support should they need it.
Apartments will be available to buy off-plan from spring 2020, and prospective purchasers are urged to register their interest now to receive updates.
More than nine out of ten customers would recommend McCarthy Stone to a friend, ensuring it has received the full Five Star award for customer satisfaction from the Home Builders Federation for 14 years’ running. McCarthy Stone is the only UK housebuilder of any size or type to achieve this accolade, which is every year the awards have been run.
For more information about Retirement Living in Dorchester, please call 0800 310 0383 or visit www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk.
Terms and Conditions apply
1. The competition is open to all UK residents, except employees of McCarthy Stone, their immediate family or anyone directly connected with this competition.
2. McCarthy Stone in its sole discretion will decide on the winning entries. The criteria will include (but not limited to) the originality and suitability of the naming suggestion in relation to the local community. The judge’s decision is final. We will notify the winners by email and telephone by Monday 8th July 2019.
3. The names are subject to approval from Dorchester Town Council and so may be changed after the promotion has ended.
4. All names submitted must be the suggestion of the individual submitting them. The entrant grants the Promoter permission to use the name in an official capacity for its Dorchester development, and for use on all marketing materials including, but not exclusive to local media, press adverts, billboards, posters, leaflets and the website.
5. The closing date is 00:01 on Monday 24th June. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate entries.
6. The entries will be judged by Monday 1st July.
7. Entrants may only enter the competition once.
8. We will notify the winner by email and telephone. The Promoter’s announcement of the winning entrant is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If the winner cannot be contacted within one week the promoter reserves the right to choose an alternative winner.
9. Entries are to be emailed to [email protected] by the closing date
10. There are one prize of a cheque of £200. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
11. All winners agree to take part in non-paid publicity following their naming suggestion being chosen (including photography if required), relating to the competition.
12. The entrant’s personal data shall only be used for the proper administration of the competition unless the entrant has expressly opted in to receiving future marketing communications from McCarthy Stone via the entry form.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to control, amend, and terminate this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to entrants or third parties.
14. By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: McCarthy and Stone Retirement Lifestyles Limited, Southern House, 1 Embankment Way, Ringwood, BH24 1EU. Reference to “McCarthy Stone” in the Terms and Conditions includes any and all companies within the McCarthy Stone Group of Companies.
Locals in Dorchester Invited to Name New McCarthy Stone Development