Triple Nut and Apple Stuffing Balls
These triple nut, lentil and apple stuffing balls provide some crunchy texture from the mixed nuts for a very merry veggie Christmas!
- COOK 20-30 Mins
- LEVEL average
- 1 Red Onion Cut in Half
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 200g Mixed Nuts
- 400g Cooked Lentils (you can use a tin)
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- Small Bunch Sage
- 1 Small Apple Grated
- Peel and chop the onion, then place into a blender and blitz until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions until soft.
- Tip the nuts into the blender and wiz until coarsely chopped.
- Reserve 3tbsp of the nuts on a plate for later.
- Add all the ingredients into blender and pulse to combine but not too fine. Remember to drain the lentils if you are using them form a tin.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray and lightly oil.
- Rub a little oil on your hands then mold the stuffing into balls.
- Roll them in the left-over nuts you put aside earlier.
- Once coated, bake for 20-30 mins at 180.c.
This recipe was taken from a selection of Christmas recipes provided by our catering manager, and provides a flavour of what is served in our in-house restaurants.