Sweet Potato Cakes with Poached Eggs
200g Greek yogurt
Handful micro herbs
For the Sweet potato cakes
500g sweet potato, peeled and grated
200g gluten-free flour
1 small pack parsley, chopped
4 egg whites
olive oil, for frying
If you're looking for a bigger option for your breakfast to keep you going till lunch, try these gluten-free sweet potato cakes to fill you up!
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the sweet potato, then combine with flour, parsley, egg white, harissa and some salt in a bowl until the mixture sticks together.
- Shape into 8 potato cakes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- In two batches, fry the potato cakes for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Keep warm while you repeat with the remaining cakes.
- Poach the eggs in a saucepan of simmering water for 2-3 minutes – the yolks should be runny.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain carefully on kitchen paper.
- Spread some harissa in the middle of four serving plates and top with a dollop of yogurt.
- Add one potato cake to each plate then sandwich another potato cake on top with more yogurt.
- Top each stack with the remaining yogurt and an egg.
- Season and drizzle with more harissa and scatter over the micro herbs
Recipe taken from BBC Good Food