These sausage mummies will make a perfect pre-Halloween party snack for every age and are great fun to make. Little ones will love creating the ‘mummy’ eyes!
- COOK 30 mins
- LEVEL easy
- BATCH Serves 8
- 375 g pack ready rolled or block of light puff pastry
- 1 tbsp flour, to sprinkle
- 350 g pack frankfurter sausages
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp soft cheese, to decorate
- 1 tsp chopped black olives, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6.
- Gently roll out the pastry to 0.5cm thick over a floured surface. Then, cut vertically into long, thin strips that are about 0.5cm wide. You’ll need 1-2 strips per Frankfurter and you may have some leftover pastry. Wrap it up, pop it in the fridge and save it for another dish.
- Wrap the pastry strips around each frankfurter to create a mummy-wrap effect. Then, brush each strip with the beaten egg and put on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden, and the sausages are cooked through. Make eyes on each roll with a small blob of soft cheese, then top with a small piece of black olive.
Recipe taken from Sainsbury’s.