Puy Lentils with Feta and Roasted Tomatoes
This is a great dish to make in advance, as the flavours develop if given a little time to sit and get to know each other.
- COOK 15 Mins
- LEVEL average
- BATCH Serves 4
- 10 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g pouch ready-cooked Puy lentils (or simmer 200g dried Puy lentils in 1 litre boiling water for 25-30 minutes or until tender)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 60g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- A handful of mint leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/Gas Mark 3.
- Place the tomatoes in a small baking tin, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until blistered and soft.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and juices from the tin, stir through and it’s ready to serve.
Recipe taken from The Midlife Kitchen by Mimi Spencer & Sam Rice (photography by Issy Croker) is published by Mitchell Beazley, £25, octopusbooks.co.uk