Honeyed Mediterranean vegetables with spiced yogurt dressing
Try this easy BBQ dish for a quick lunch or evening meal in the sunshine
- COOK 20
- LEVEL easy
- BATCH Serves 4
- 1 red pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 1 aubergine, cut into 1cm slices 2 courgettes, cut into 1cm slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 4 wholemeal pitta breads
- 100g natural yogurt
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- Start the barbecue.
- Toss the vegetables in 1 tbsp olive oil and, in 2 batches, barbecue over hot coals covered in a light layer of ash, for 3–4 minutes each side, until charred and cooked through.
- Put in a large bowl.
- Combine the honey, cumin seeds and remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, then toss into the grilled vegetables.
- Scatter with the pine nuts. Barbecue or grill the pittas.
- Mix the yogurt, lemon juice and harissa to make a dressing.
- Serve with the vegetables and pittas
Recipe taken from Waitrose