Mummified Bakewell Tart
Fancy a tart this Halloween? Then look no further than our mummified bakewell tart – perfect to get the grandchildren involved this October.
- COOK 35 mins
- LEVEL easy
- BATCH Serves 12
- Ready made shortcrust pastry roll
- Raspberry or strawberry jam
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 50g flaked almonds
- Line a pasty case with the shortcrust roll and bake blind for 10 mins (keep some aside to decorate).
- Spread the base with jam.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then stir in the sugar.
- Add the ground almonds, egg and almond extract.
- Pour the mixture over the jam.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and ‘mummify’ with strips of the shortcrust pastry.
- Bake for 35 mins.
- Enjoy with a not so terrifying cup of tea!