Courgette Falafels with Tzatziki
Whether you're dining in the spring sunshine or just after a light snack, try these fantastic vegetarian falafels.
- COOK 12 Mins
- LEVEL easy
- BATCH Serves 4
1 large courgette, trimmed and grated
2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp plain flour
2 tsp harissa
handful coriander, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tbsp sunflower oil
For The Tzatziki
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
6 tbsp Greek yogurt
handful mint leaves, sliced
- Wrap the courgette in a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess moisture.Set aside.
- Put the chickpeas, flour, harissa, coriander, 1 garlic clove, the lemon zest and a little seasoning in a food processor. Whizz until smooth. Add half the courgette and pulse briefly to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal balls, then flatten into patties.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the falafels in 2 batches for around 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and crisp. Set aside and keep warm if eating straight away. If making ahead, cool, then chill for up to 2 days; enjoy at room temperature or warmed in the oven.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining courgette with the lemon juice, olive oil, yogurt, mint and the remaining crushed garlic. Season to taste and serve with the falafels.
Recipe taken from Tesco Real Food