Why Retirees Are Choosing To Downsize By Renting
When it comes to downsizing during your retirement, there is plenty to consider.
From choosing a location, to deciding whether renting or buying is the right option. Although buying might seem like the obvious choice, many retirees are finding that renting is also a great option.
Here are some of the reasons why renting with McCarthy Stone is a great way to downsize during your retirement.
- A great choice of developments across the UK – We’re increasing the range of rentals available and with properties throughout the UK from Hampshire to Yorkshire, you are sure to find a development nearby.
- By renting a McCarthy Stone apartment, you’re able to keep hold of that much-loved family home, so that your family can enjoy it and make even more memories there.
- Our rentals have assured tenancies - That means that when you rent with McCarthy Stone, you can rent the property for as long as you wish (subject to your tenancy agreement).
- Flexibility – Unlike buying a property, with renting you have the complete freedom to move easily after a year, should your circumstances change. We also offer a rent to buy option – which allows you to purchase your apartment within the first 6 months of your tenancy. If you do so, your rental fees will be credited against the purchase of your apartment.
- No need to worry about maintenance - we’ll take care of the property maintenance for you and rent includes all development services, leaving you to enjoy your retirement lifestyle.
- Downsize at your pace – Moving home can be a worrying and daunting time, so take the pressure off and take the time to move from your current home at a pace that suits you
- Renting allows you to retain equity on your current home, allowing you to protect a third party’s inheritance.
- There isn’t any of the expense involved when buying outright, such as Stamp Duty
- One single monthly payment – your rent includes ground rent, service charges and parking (where applicable) so you can be assured that there are no unexpected costs that can occur when buying.
- Pets are welcome – we understand the importance that the companionship of a pet can bring, and you won’t have to give that up if you choose to rent.
- Enjoy the McCarthy Stone lifestyle – Living at one of our developments means that you get to enjoy the benefits of a sociable community. With regular social events, as well as the communal lounge and gardens, there are plenty of occasions to meet up with your neighbours. Whilst at our Retirement Living Plus developments, you are also free to enjoy meals in the on-site restaurant and access additional support services.
- You could be enjoying your new home in as little as four weeks – depending on your chosen development, if the property is ready to move in to, you could be there in no time at all.