Although we’d like to plan for the future as much as possible, occasionally circumstances suddenly change and we find ourselves needing to downsize quickly, perhaps due to ongoing health issues or needing to be nearer to family.
If the time has come for you to downsize and you want to be able to move quickly and easily, then Part Exchange is a good option to consider.
What happens when you sell your home with Part Exchange our 'We'll Buy Your Property' scheme is that McCarthy & Stone will buy your existing property. Simply let us know which beautiful new apartment you’d like to move to and make a reservation from £1,000. We’ll then have three independent local Estate Agents and a RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Surveyor value your property and make you an offer. If you accept the offer, then we’ll work with your legal representatives to finalise contracts.
Compared to selling your home on the open market, the whole process is relatively seamless and quick, which is perfect if you are looking to move quickly or would prefer to have peace of mind and reassurance that your property will be sold and you can move on.
Here are some of the benefits that our homeowners have found when choosing to Part Exchange…
- We'll be your cash buyer – with Part Exchange you have a guaranteed sale and the certainty of a move
- No chain – As there are just two parties involved, yourself and McCarthy & Stone, there is no risk of sale falling through due to issues with the property chain, bringing you absolute peace of mind
- Access to sold property for 2 weeks after completion – Moving day can be a very busy and hectic time, what with having to move out of the previous property and move into your new home at the same time. When you sell your home with Part Exchange, you’ll have access to your sold property for two weeks after completion, so you can take your time and move at your pace
- No Estate Agents fees to pay – As you won’t be involving an Estate Agent to sell your property, you won’t need to factor those fees into the process. We'll handle everything. What’s more if you do accept our Part Exchange offer, we’ll contribute £1,000 towards your solicitor fees (terms and conditions apply).
- Free removals service – We’re with you every step of the way during your move, even when it comes to moving day itself. We can arrange and pay for a removals service to help you de-clutter, pack and unpack. Then, once you’ve moved into your new home, we can arrange for one of our tradespeople to help with finishing touches, such as hanging pictures and mirrors
- Flexibility – The Part Exchange scheme applies to most types of residential property regardless of whether new property costs more or less
- Sell your home quickly – Although it’s possible that your home could receive a higher asking price on the open market, many find that the Part Exchange process results in a quick and smooth sale. Part Exchange does remove much of the time, hassle and expense involved when selling your property on the open market. You’ll also be able to save on the repairs and redecoration that Estate Agents often recommend before potential viewings.
Homeowner Marion Hughes and her husband took advantage of McCarthy and Stone’s Part Exchange scheme. “It was an enormous amount of help. My husband was becoming unwell and had stopped driving. Going down the part exchange route meant the whole process was handled by McCarthy and Stone. We didn’t have the bother of Estate Agents coming to our house, and so on. When we actually moved, it was seamless, and this was all thanks to the McCarthy and Stone sales team. I don’t know what we would have done without them.”
If you would like the Part Exchange service from McCarthy & Stone to make your life easier and ensure that you can start to enjoy your retirement lifestyle as quickly as possible give us a call on 0800 153 3809. More information can also be found here.