Don’t just take our word for it
We lead the way in the most established customer satisfaction survey for the new homes sector, and we always have. As one of our customers you are asked about your buying and moving experience, levels of service and the management of your development. In annual results from the Home Builders Federation we have a received a five-star rating for the past twelve years - which is every year since the survey began. We are the only housebuilder of any size or type to receive this accolade.
We feel proud when people like you say they are very satisfied with the quality of their new home. We’re also happy when they would be prepared to recommend us to a friend. It means we’re achieving what we set out to do, and on both counts we regularly receive scores of more than 90%.
Our Customer Charter* clearly sets out our commitments to you.
We promise that we will:
- Be open and honest in all our communication and contact with you.
- Ensure you have all the information you need about our developments and individual apartments for you to make an informed decision about the purchase of a new home.
- Ensure our Contract of Sale (England / Wales) and Builders’ Missives (Scotland) are clear and fair and explain your cancellation rights.
- Keep you fully informed throughout the purchasing process.
- Provide help and advice with selling your present home.
- Explain the arrangements for the management of the developments and the Service Charge you will have to pay.
- Explain the NHBC Buildmark Warranty and after-sales procedures that you will benefit from following occupation.
- If your home is not complete at the time of reservation, provide you with a date for completion and occupation.
- Complete your apartment to an agreed standard and specification and make sure it is clean and ready for you on the day of your move.
- Introduce you to the House Manager and Estate Manager, explain the operation of all appliances and equipment and offer advice on health and safety and energy efficiency.
- Deal with any concerns you have about your apartment or the building promptly and co-operate with any third party professionals you may appoint.
- Ensure the building, gardens and communal areas are well maintained.
- Do our best to provide help if needed.
*This Charter does not affect your statutory rights.
Consumer Code for Home Builders
McCarthy & Stone abide by the Consumer Code for Home Builders (2010) at every stage of the developments lifecycle. You can find a copy of the code here.