Arranging your move
Once you’ve bought your new apartment then you’ll soon be surrounded by boxes. Packing and unpacking can be exhausting, but we can arrange for our specialist removal company to come and pack your belongings, de-clutter if you choose, and transport your boxes to your new apartment. They’ll even unpack for you, so you’ll be moved in and settled in no time.
We’ll even arrange for our local handyman to be available to help you put up shelves or any other odd jobs you need doing at a reduced price to make your apartment to start feeling like your home.
Final preparations for your move
There is a whole range of people and organisations who need to be told about your move including:
- Utility company
- Insurance Company
- Television and Internet Provider – including TV Licensing
There are a number of useful websites that can help you through this process, including:
You will also need to contact the Post Office to forward your post – you can find out how to do this at www.royalmail.com
The day before moving
Confirm all the arrangements made with the removals firm (or friends and family helping you move).
- Sort out any potential parking problems – if you're using a removal company, you may need to contact your local authority to help with parking bay suspensions to gain easier access to your property, and let your neighbours know that there may be parking issues.
- Cancel any deliveries
- Arrange for a plumber/electrician to disconnect relevant appliances (ask your Professional Advisor/Sales Consultant, as they may have a reliable local business to use)
- Make arrangements for pets
- Clean the house, empty the fridge/freezer, and remove and fixtures and fittings not included in the sale
- Confirm with your Professional Advisor/Sales Consultant when you’ll have access to your new home – typically this will be in the afternoon to allow finds to clear
On your moving day, you'll need to check contracts are signed and the balance of the purchase has been paid so that legal completion has successfully taken place by calling your legal advisor
Upon leaving your property, make sure that you turn off central heating, water, electricity etc, and note down all gas, electricity and water meter readings. Lock all windows and doors and arrange for the keys to be left with the estate agent/part exchange company for the new owners.
Finally, meet with your Sales Consultant who will be there to give you your keys and see you into your new McCarthy & Stone apartment.