However you choose to spend your retirement, it helps to make sure that your day-to-day living is as easy as possible. And part of that easy living comes from the type of property you decide to own.
Owning a luxury apartment in a McCarthy & Stone development means not worrying about tiresome chores like gardening and maintaining a building – and that means more free time to do the things that are really important.
But sometimes, you might need an occasional bit of extra help to live comfortably and safely.
A self-contained property that comes with Extra Assisted Care can give you just that. You'll be an independent homeowner living close to like-minded people, but you'll also have a helpful team of friendly faces nearby, just in case you ever need them.
What's the difference between sheltered housing and Extra Assisted Care?
We provide two types of sheltered housing developments – Retirement Living and Assisted Living.
With both types, you'll get:
- A high-quality home that's owned by you and designed with you in mind. Our apartments come with fixtures and fittings at convenient heights, non-slip flooring, lever taps, and handy grab rails in the bathroom
- A friendly House Manager who's on-site during office hours, in case you need any support
- A 24-hour emergency call system, so you can get help whenever you need it
- A homeowners' lounge where you can spend time with your neighbours, friends or family
- A professionally landscaped garden that's maintained by us
- A luxury guest suite where your visiting family and friends can stay.
A property that comes with Extra Assisted Care, such as an Assisted Living Apartment, can give you everything above, as well as:
- An hour's worth of domestic assistance each week as standard
- A helpful team that's on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- A personal care package that's flexible around your needs – you only pay for what you use, and you can change the level of support as you go along
- A table service restaurant that's open every day. So if you don't always feel like cooking, you won't have to.
If you think an Assisted Living development sounds like a good fit, you can rest assured that you'll be in safe hands. Each member of our teams of passionate and friendly staff is certified by the DBS (The Disclosure and Barring Service) and our personal care service is regulated by the Care Quality Commission.
Extra Assisted Care can be the perfect choice if you think you might need a little extra help to make it easier to live an independent life. But remember that an Assisted Living development isn't a care home, and we don't offer nursing care – so if you have ongoing medical needs, it might not be the right choice for you.
If you'd like to live as an independent homeowner with like-minded neighbours and a supportive team nearby, have a look through some of our latest developments at locations all across the UK.