One of our wonderfully imaginative homeowners at Rosen House, has a really interesting recipe for us. In the spirit of reinvention, here’s a brilliant recipe for a vegetable curry!
- 2 medium aubergines
- 2 tomatoes
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh chilli or half teaspoon red chilli powder
- Small piece of fresh ginger
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin & coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Half a teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cut aubergines into cubes and shallow fry them.
- Make a paste of tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Add the oil to a saucepan. When it is hot add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add asafoetida powder (optional) and then add the tomato paste, turmeric, cumin & coriander powder and salt.
- Sauté until the oil separates.
- Then add the fried aubergine cubes and cook for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with flat bread or rice