Apple and Cinnamon Cake
Every month we'll share a favourite recipe from within our community. First up is a sumptuous cake from our Catering Director, Andrew Rowlands. It's gluten and dairy free, but you could easily substitute regular flour and butter.
- 100g gluten free, self-rising flour
- 1 large tbs sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6g baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 45ml water
- 100g dairy free margarine
- 1kg eating apples
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/390 ̊F/gas mark 6
- Sift the flour into a bowl and mix in the sweetener, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the eggs and water. Whisk and add in the melted margarine.
- Peel and core the apples, cut them into large slices, then gently fold them into the batter.
- Grease a cake tin (around 23cm in diameter) with a knob of margarine.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 35 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack and leave to cool before serving.