Spring Poetry Competition
Calling all amateur poets! We’re launching a poetry competition on the theme of spring.
Spring is a time of renewal. New growth. Optimism and fresh starts. As we head more hopefully towards a post-pandemic future we’d like you to share your thoughts on this, the most emotive of seasons. A selection of poems will be brought together in a free online book.
There is no time like Spring,
When life’s alive in everything,
Our poetry competition is open to homeowners and staff with a love of words. Submit your entry using the form below. The competition closes on the 24th April. Writers of our three favourite poems will receive a bottle of champagne. (full terms and conditions below form)
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to McCarthy Stone homeowners and staff.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant. All submitters warrant that they own the poems submitted and they have exclusive copyright.
- Entries submitted posthumously will not be eligible.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is midnight on Saturday 24th April 2021.
- To enter the competition please fill in the form on this page.
- McCarthy Stone reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate, incomplete or illegible entries.
- Entrants are permitted to submit one poem and may only enter once.
- Entrants must be aged 18 and over.
- By entering into the competition, the entrant automatically grants McCarthy Stone with an unrestricted, non-exclusive, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use any poems submitted to the competition for any purpose in which McCarthy Stone deem appropriate for their own business purposes. Authors will receive credit with each use.
- This competition will be judged internally, in an independent and fair manner. The judges' decision is final, and no individual correspondence shall be entered into. Judges are unable to comment on individual entries.
- Entering the competition implies acceptance of all the above rules. Failure to comply with the entry requirements will result in disqualification. McCarthy Stone reserve the right to withdraw this competition as a result of unforeseen circumstances arising.
- There will be three winners (one staff member and two homeowners) and each will receive a bottle of champagne as a prize.
- Prize winners will be notified by Wednesday 28th April 2021. We will notify the winner by email. If the winner cannot be contacted within one-week McCarthy Stone reserve the right to choose an alternative winner.
- The winners agree to be contacted to take part in a non-paid publicity following their poem being chosen, relating to the competition. Winners do not have to agree to take part.
- The entrant’s personal data shall only be used for the proper administration of the competition.