One of our wonderfully imaginative homeowners at Rosen House, has a really interesting recipe for us. In the spirit of reinvention, here’s a brilliant recipe for a vegetable curry!
- 2 medium aubergines
- 2 tomatoes
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh chilli or half teaspoon red chilli powder
- Small piece of fresh ginger
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin & coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Half a teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cut aubergines into cubes and shallow fry them.
- Make a paste of tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Add the oil to a saucepan. When it is hot add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add asafoetida powder (optional) and then add the tomato paste, turmeric, cumin & coriander powder and salt.
- Sauté until the oil separates.
- Then add the fried aubergine cubes and cook for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with flat bread or rice
Did you know we do food?All of our Retirement Living PLUS developments offer an onsite bistro or restaurant, serving high quality, delicious and nutritious meals to our homeowners and their guests. Ideal if you don’t feel like cooking every day. Find your perfect retirement home for sale or rent.