Vegan Paella Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 100g red onion - sliced
- 100g red pepper – sliced
- 100g green pepper - sliced
- 5 tomatoes
- 8-10 Linda McCartney chorizo and red pepper sausages
- 100g green beans
- 80g peas
- 300g basmati rice
- 1 litre of hot veg stock
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- Bunch flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Oven bake the sausages on a tray for 12 minutes, turning halfway through
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and peppers. Cook for around 8 minutes until they start to caramelise. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Slice the cooled sausages on an angle. Add the rice and stir until it becomes translucent.
- Add the stock and spices. Stir and cook until the rice is almost tender. The stir in the sausage and cook for a further five minutes. Finally add the beans and peas and heat through adding more stock if needed. Season to taste and serve with a sprinkling of flat leaf parsley.
Recipe from Chris Ince, Chef Director at Atalian Servest
Chris been working in catering for over 24 years and spent many years alongside Michelin starred chefs. He’s a multi-medal winner in annual Salon Culinaire events and winner of ‘Best in class’ at the ‘Master seafood chefs of Great Britain’ competition in Hotelympia. He says, ‘Pride and authenticity are key to the making of a good chef.’