Vegan Gingerbread Recipe
These lightly spiced biscuits make for a lovely wintery treat with a cup of tea or hot chocolate, are fun to make with kids and also make great gifts for vegan, and non-vegan friends and family.
Makes roughly 12
- 90g plain flour
- 45g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 30g dairy free baking butter
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Icing and decorations
- Preheat the oven to 170 C
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the vegan butter and use hands to make a breadcrumb consistency
- In a separate bowl whisk the oil and golden syrup together
- Mix the syrup into the flour mix and form a dough. Knead until soft.
- Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 15 mins
- Roll out dough to 5 mm thickness and cut into any shapes you fancy
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
- Once cool decorate
Recipe from Chris Ince, Chef Director at Atalian Servest
Chris been working in catering for over 24 years and spent many years alongside Michelin starred chefs. He’s a multi-medal winner in annual Salon Culinaire events and winner of ‘Best in class’ at the ‘Master seafood chefs of Great Britain’ competition in Hotelympia. He says, ‘Pride and authenticity are key to the making of a good chef.’
Did you know we do food?
Find more recipes and seasonal content here...
A delicious hot panettone and chocolate Christmas pudding recipe, perfect for Christmas day, from our McCarthy Stone chefs...read more
Recipe for delicious zingy vegetarian parcels for a tasty festive lunch from our McCarthy Stone chefs...read more
Enjoy the health benefits of homemade sauerkraut with Dr. Caroline Gilmartin’s simple how to guide...read more