Mother’s Day Lemon Tart Recipe
Wow your mum this Mother’s Day with the fresh, sharp, but sweet taste, and restaurant good looks of this zingy lemon tart recipe – it’s surprising easy to make (especially if you buy ready-made pastry!)
- 180g plain flour
- 90g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 90g cold unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- 275g caster sugar
- 4 large lemons
- 4 beaten eggs
- 300g unsalted diced butter
For the pastry
- Put the flour, sugar and salt on a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Beat the egg yolk and drizzle in. Pulse gently to combine then tip onto a floured surface and knead the pastry together.
- Chill for 2hrs
- Grease a 22cm tart tin, line with pastry and prick the bottom.
- Bake blind for approx 15mins with baking beans
- Beat the egg white and brush over the pastry.
- Return to the oven for 15mins until golden.
For the filling
- Combine the sugar and zest and juice of the lemons in a heatproof bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and stir over a Bain Marie of gently simmering water until it’s the consistency of lemon curd – about 20mins
- Leave to cool then beat in the butter until smooth
- Spoon the filling into the tart and leave to cool until set.
Like this recipe?You might also like Evelyn’s traditional Scottish Shortbread, Chris’s Honey Bee Biscuits or Chris’s vegan gingerbread biscuits. Or you can find more of our recipes here.
Recipe from Chris Ince, Chef Director at Atalian Servest
Chris been working in catering for over 24 years and spent many years alongside Michelin starred chefs. He’s a multi-medal winner in annual Salon Culinaire events and winner of ‘Best in class’ at the ‘Master seafood chefs of Great Britain’ competition in Hotelympia. He says, ‘Pride and authenticity are key to the making of a good chef.’