Honey Bee Biscuit Recipe
Soft, sweet and simple to make, these delicate honeyed shortbread biscuits are perfect for spring and make a lovely gift – if you can bear to part with them that is!
- 250g self raising flour
- 100g baking fat/butter
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 11g ground ginger
- 100g runny honey
- 8g ground cinnamon
- 5g bicarbonate of soda
- 1 fresh egg (just the yolk)
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees
- Place the baking fat/butter, sugar, honey, ground cinnamon and ground ginger into a saucepan and place onto the heat
- Allow the baking fat/butter to completely melt, mix well
- Set aside to cool
- Add the flour, soft brown sugar and bicarbonate of soda to the cooled mixture and mix well
- Add the egg yolk, turn out onto a work surface & knead to for a dough
- Roll the mixture into equal sized balls
- Place onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray 3” apart to allow the biscuits to spread during cooking
Cook for 8-10 minutes
Tip: The biscuits will firm up on cooling, so leave on the tray rather than moving to a cooling wire.
Like this recipe? You might also like Evelyn’s traditional Scottish Shortbread, Tony’s cheddar & cranberry savoury shortbread and parmesan & black pepper savoury shortbread or Chris’s vegan gingerbread biscuits. Or you can find more of our recipes here.
Recipe from Chris Ince, Chef Director at Atalian Servest
Chris been working in catering for over 24 years and spent many years alongside Michelin starred chefs. He’s a multi-medal winner in annual Salon Culinaire events and winner of ‘Best in class’ at the ‘Master seafood chefs of Great Britain’ competition in Hotelympia. He says, ‘Pride and authenticity are key to the making of a good chef.’