Herby Spring Chicken Pie Recipe
This fresh zesty pie is quick, easy and delicious The filo pastry means it is lighter than a traditional pie, but just as satisfying. And it’s versatile enough to enjoy as weekday supper or to impress friends on a weekend lunch.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing over the pastry
- bunch spring onions sliced into 3cm pieces
- 250g frozen spinach
- 400g Shredded cooked chicken
- 350ml hot chicken stock
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 200g frozen peas
- 200ml half-fat crème fraîche
- ½ small bunch tarragon,
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 270g pack filo pastry
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow casserole dish on a medium heat.
- Add the spring onions and fry for 3 mins, then stir through the frozen spinach and cook for 2 mins or until it’s starting to wilt. Add the shredded Chicken.
- Stir through the stock and mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5-10 mins.
- Stir in the peas, crème fraîche and herbs, then remove from the heat.
- Scrunch the filo pastry sheets over the mixture, brush with a little oil and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
Serve with green salad or vegetables.
You can find more of our development chefs’ recipes here.
Recipe from Chris Ince, Chef Director at Atalian Servest
Chris been working in catering for over 24 years and spent many years alongside Michelin starred chefs. He’s a multi-medal winner in annual Salon Culinaire events and winner of ‘Best in class’ at the ‘Master seafood chefs of Great Britain’ competition in Hotelympia. He says, ‘Pride and authenticity are key to the making of a good chef.’