Gluten free blueberry loaf recipe
Almost a health food! This moist and delicious blueberry loaf cake recipe is gluten free, dairy free and low in sugar.
- 300g gluten free flour
- 250 g dairy free margarine
- 30 g sweetener
- 150 g frozen blueberries
- 4 chopped fresh mint leaves
- 100 ml orange juice
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 165 C. Grease and line a 900 g (2 lb.) loaf tin.
- Beat the flour, margarine, sweetener & eggs until white and fluffy.
- Gently fold in blueberries and orange juice until fully incorporated / mixed.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 45 min or until risen, brown and firm to the touch. If the loaf looks as though it is browning too much after about 30 min, place a piece of foil sheet or tin foil loosely over the top. Continue cooking until golden brown or a knife comes clean from the centre.
- Leave the loaf to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack.
Like this recipe?You might like these picnic recipes or this not quite so healthy Triple chocolate brownies recipe. Find more recipes and articles about the McCarthy Stone lifestyle.
Recipe from Chris Ince, Chef Director at Atalian Servest
Chris been working in catering for over 24 years and spent many years alongside Michelin starred chefs. He’s a multi-medal winner in annual Salon Culinaire events and winner of ‘Best in class’ at the ‘Master seafood chefs of Great Britain’ competition in Hotelympia. He says, ‘Pride and authenticity are key to the making of a good chef.’