A quick lunch or supper that can help use up what’s left in your fridge. Swap chorizo for bacon or sausage, and peppers for courgettes or broccoli. Serve with fresh crusty bread.
- 350g new potatoes
- 100g chorizo
- sliced 1 red onion
- sliced 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4 hens eggs
- A few sprigs fresh parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- Place a saucepan of water on to boil and cook the potatoes for around 10 minutes or until nearly cooked through. Drain and place to one side.
- Place the chorizo in a frying pan or suitable hob-to-table-pan and fry for 5 minutes on a medium heat or until starting to crisp and release oil. Transfer to a bowl and place to one side leaving the oil in the pan. Add the onion and peppers to the pan and fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes or until softened. Add the cooked potatoes and fry for a further 5 minutes until they start to brown. Return the chorizo to the pan and stir everything together. Make an indent in the vegetables for each egg and crack them into the gaps. Place a lid on the pan and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until the white is cooked. Scatter over the parsley, season with pepper and serve.