Easy Christmas cocktail recipes
Create your own easy Christmas-themed cocktails with these amazing recipes! Looking for more inspiration? If you hurry, you can also book onto one of our amazing Christmas Mixology workshops up and down the country.
Christmas Pudding Vodka
- 300g mixed dried fruit (sultanas, raisins)
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice
- 6 cloves
- 1 vanilla pod
- ½ whole nutmeg, finely grated
- 1 orange, zest only, finely grated
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest only, finely grated
- 750ml bottle good quality vodka
- Mix the dried fruit with the sugar, cinnamon sticks, mixed spice, cloves, grated nutmeg and citrus zest in a large bowl.
- Pour the vodka & cover tightly with cling film.
- Place in the fridge and leave for 3 days, stirring once each day.
- Line a sieve with a double layer of fine muslin and place over a large, clean jug.
- Pour the dried fruit and vodka mixture into the sieve and allow to drip through into the jug.
- Pour into a sterilised bottle.
- 25ml choice spiced rum
- 50ml mulled wine
- London Essence Spiced Ginger Beer
- Rocks glass
- Cinnamon stick
Add three large cubes of ice to a chilled rocks glass, and cover with 25ml of your preferred spiced rum. Next, smoothly pour in the mulled wine, and top up with a generous glug of Spiced Ginger Beer. For a final festive flourish, garnish your Mistletoe Mule with a cinnamon stick.
- 12.5 ml vodka, you can use the Christmas pudding vodka
- 1 small table spoon plum jam
- 1 splash of Cointreau
- Juice of a quarter of a lime
- Top with prosecco
Shake all the ingredients (except the prosecco) over ice, strain into a champagne flute and top with prosecco.
- 100 ml Scotch Whisky
- 50ml Amaretto
- 100ml Double cream
- Ground Nutmeg - a couple of pinches
Put ice into a cocktail shaker, followed buy the scotch, amaretto and cream. Shake well and strain into chilled martini or coupe glasses. Finish by sprinkling over a little nutmeg before serving.
Mocktail Orange Christmas Fizz
- Oranges - 2 large wedges
- Rosemary - a sprig
- Soda water
- 1 tsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 stick cinnamon, to serve
Put the orange and half the rosemary into a highball glass. Muddle well, then fill with ice. Top with soda water, stir to mix, and garnish with pomegranate and cinnamon and the remaining rosemary.
- 50 ml vodka
- 25 ml cherry brandy
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sugar syrup to taste
- Raspberries for garnish
- Rosemary for garnish
- Sugar for rim
Rim a martini glass with sugar. Fill your cocktail shaker halfway with ice and pour in the ingredients. Shake until chilled and strain the mixture into the glass. Garnish with two raspberries and sprig of rosemary.
All I want for Christmas is you Martini
- 50ml gin
- 20ml amaretto
- 15ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1, or 2 dash orange bitters
- 10ml sugar syrup (optional)
Shake all the ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass. Garnish with an orange zest twist and serve!
We’ve rounded up the best of the best festive recipes from our fantastic on-site catering partners...read more
This deliciously warming winter stew recipe is packed with healthy vegetables and topped with indulgent cheesy dumplings,..read more
A delicious hot panettone and chocolate Christmas pudding recipe, perfect for Christmas day, from our McCarthy Stone chefs...read more
A recipe for spicy festive gingerbread cupcakes from our McCarthy Stone Retirement Living Plus chefs..read more
Recipes for delicious savoury shortbread, perfect for a Christmas party treat, from our McCarthy Stone Retirement Living Plus chefs...read more