- Butter for greasing
- 900g Fruit panettone
- 5-6 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 100g Dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 Large free-range eggs
- 30g Caster sugar
- 800ml Double cream, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Slice the panettone into thin wedges and arrange half in the dish, overlapping.
- Drizzle with half the amaretto, then scatter over half the chopped chocolate.
- Repeat with the remaining panettone, amaretto and chocolate.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and sugar, then whisk in the cream. Pour evenly over the top of the panettone, then let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving with more double cream.
- Makes 10 servings
Recipe from Chris Ince, Chef Director at Atalian Servest
Chris been working in catering for over 24 years and spent many years alongside Michelin starred chefs. He’s a multi-medal winner in annual Salon Culinaire events and winner of ‘Best in class’ at the ‘Master seafood chefs of Great Britain’ competition in Hotelympia. He says, ‘Pride and authenticity are key to the making of a good chef.’