McCarthy & Stone (the “Company”) is committed to both zero tolerance of unlawful discrimination, and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. The purpose of this Policy is to set the standards for equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexuality, religion or belief or age.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- We will review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by senior management
The Company is opposed to all forms of unlawful discrimination. All employees, job applicants and others who work for the Company will be treated fairly and will not be discriminated against on any of the grounds set out above. Decisions about recruitment and selection, promotion, training or any other benefit will be made objectively and without unlawful discrimination.