Send a Smile terms and conditions
A McCarthy Stone initiative to connect people aged 60 and over with younger members of the community via a sign-up pen pals’ scheme. It is in conjunction with Corum Beanstalk, a registered children’s literacy charity. (Registered Charity No. 296454)
By signing up to the pen pals’ scheme (the “Promotion”) you (the “Participant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion on www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk, www.facebook.com/mccarthystone and https://twitter.com/McCarthyStone form part of these terms and conditions.
The Promoter of this Promotion is McCarthy & Stone Retirement Lifestyles Ltd (4th floor, 100 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 8AQ), and the Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
HOW TO ENTER & THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
- Entries will be accepted from 00:01 on Monday 27th April, 2020.
- Entries made by children under the age of 18 must be made via their parent/guardian only. Participants should either (1) complete the entry form online on the McCarthy Stone website: www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk/send_a_smile or (2) call McCarthy Stone on: 0800 185 5106 who will complete the form for you over the telephone for you.
- Each Participant will be asked to provide their name, phone number and email address. Participants will also be asked to provide their postal address if they wish to communicate with their pen pal by post.
- No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of entries.
MATCHING OF PEN PALS
- Entry forms will be considered by the Promoter and independently ‘matched’ to a McCarthy Stone homeowner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to contact each Participant during the ‘matching’ process to verify all details provided in the entry.
- Once a ‘match’ has been identified, the Promoter will pass the McCarthy Stone homeowner’s details onto the participant who at this point can start to write to the homeowner.
- Although the Promoter will make every attempt to identify a ‘match’, there is no guarantee every Participant will be matched with another.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and towns (but not full addresses) of all Participants who are ‘matched’ with a McCarthy Stone homeowner.
- The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the Participants or the McCarthy Stone homeowners, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the exchanges between parties once they are ‘matched’ as pen pals.
- The Promoter reserves the rights to vary these terms and conditions or cancel the Promotion at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control.
- By entering the Promotion, Participants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by the Participant when applying to the scheme will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party unless the participant has actively opted-in to such by expressing their communication preferences via the entry form.
- Personal data will be held for the duration of the Promotion and for a reasonable period thereafter.
This Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. By participating the Participant agrees that any and all disputes regarding this competition will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.